APPLICATION OF RDV DOUBLE LAYER CORRUGATED PIPES
We use double-layer corrugated pipes to build a new cable duct or to renovate an old one. Double-layer corrugated pipes can be used in places with increased mechanical risk, including also under road, gas, water and other passages, to safely pass power cables, telephone cables and pipes for other media.
WHERE TO USE RDV DOUBLE-LAYER CORRUGATED PIPES?
– in power cable networks,
– in the primary teletechnical sewage system,
– in the cable TV sewage system,
– as a cover for street lighting cables,
– as a cover for street and road signaling cables.
ADVANTAGES OF RDV DOUBLE-LAYER CORRUGATED PIPES
– high mechanical strength,
– deformation resistance,
– good flexibility,
– light weight,
– corrosion resistance,
– long service life.
RAW MATERIAL DATA
Material: HDPE polyethylene
* density – minimum 0.941 g / cm3
* MFR flow coefficient (190 ºC / 5 kg) – from 0.3 – 1.3 g / 10min
* relative elongation at break -> 250%
* impact strength -> 7 mJ / mm2
DOUBLE-LAYER CORRUGATED PIPE RDV-s (6rm sections)
Double-layer corrugated pipes (RDV-s) are produced in lengths of 6 m and packed in pallets or individually, depending on the adaptation of the means of transport.
They have a corrugated outer layer and a smooth inner wall. They are made of high-density polyethylene (HDPE). The closed wall structure provides the pipe with very high circumferential stiffness. RDV-s pipes can be used as culverts under roads, streets and tracks. They can be combined with other types of pipes. Each pipe is delivered with a coupling.
CORRUGATED DOUBLE-LAYER PIPE RDV-z (coils 50m)
Double-layer corrugated pipes in coils (RDV-z) have a corrugated outer layer (HDPE) and a slightly corrugated inner wall (LDPE) to facilitate cable towing. They are intended for use in places with low external load, e.g. under sidewalks, green areas.
They ensure tightness of cable ducting passages. They are delivered in coils of 50 m with a pre-installed rope for pulling the cable.
Each coil is equipped with a connector.
Coiled pipes (RDV-z) can be used to make elbows.
RDV pipes are produced in the following colors:
– at the customer’s request, it is possible to make pipes in other colors
ADVANTAGES OF RDV DOUBLE-LAYER CORRUGATED PIPES COMPARED TO TRADITIONAL PVC AND PP PIPES
– easier handling of the tube bundle and single tubes in landfills, in transport and on the construction site thanks to approx. 2 times less weight,
– easier watertight connection thanks to couplings and profiled rubber gaskets firmly in the grooves of the pipe,
– connecting pipes ensures the continuity of the internal surface with practically no gaps,
– the possibility of avoiding obstacles or taking turns (without manholes) using coiled pipes,
– polyethylene pipes are resistant to impacts and shocks, e.g. during transport, storage, etc., as well as during laying,
– polyethylene pipes are resistant to natural chemical factors. They do not rust, do not conduct electricity, and do not succumb to the chemical aggressiveness of the soil,
– as a result of the tests carried out, polyethylene pipes last longer than required by the standards,
– polyethylene pipes can be laid in any weather conditions, even at very low temperatures they do not become more susceptible to damage,
– polyethylene is not harmful to the environment, both in production and use, in the event of an accident, e.g. fire, polyethylene does not produce any toxic substances or gas.
PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF TWO-LAYER CORRUGATED PIPES
– pipe ovality +/- 2% D, where D is the nominal pipe diameter
– straight sections 6 meters + 1%
– sections in coils of 50 running meters + 1%
– the internal pressure resistance is at least 1 MPa for 30 minutes.
– impact strength – 20 cm long pipe sections are placed in a V-shaped groove with a span of 120 ºC, impact tested with a 3 kg weight from a height of 1 meter at -25 ºC, they do not show any cracks or scratches.
MINIMUM BENDING RADIUS
RDV-s pipes (straight sections)
Average value of the deflection coefficient
(factor x outer diameter gives the minimum deflection radius)
temperature + 20 ºC – coefficient 25
temperature 0 ºC – coefficient 35
RDV-z pipes (coils)
For pipes in coils, the bending radius is – 0.35 m at a temperature of + 20 ºC
Pipes should be stored on a flat surface, horizontally secured with wooden inserts (wedges) against rolling (coiled pipes max. 4 coils in one vertical). The height of the pipes’ storage should not exceed 1.5 m. Pipes and fittings may be stored outdoors for a period not longer than 2 months from the date of production without any additional protection.
Storage for a period longer than 2 months requires the protection of the products against the influence of ultraviolet radiation. It is forbidden to stay with open fire near the stored products.
If pipes and fittings are covered with tarpaulins that do not let light through, these products should be well ventilated.
PRINT ON THE PIPES
The inscriptions on the pipes are made using the ink method, e.g .:
Manufacturer’s mark: MTB
Type (material) designation: RDV
Dimensions outer diameter x inner diameter: 110/94
Designation of ring stiffness: SN 450N
Technical Approval No.: KDWU 03/07/2020
Production identification (date and time): 18/02/17. 08:32
It is possible to print the name of the ordering party.